Applications open for music project funding
Are you involved in creative music making that makes a positive impact on people’s lives? Are you looking for extra funding to start new projects or extend your work?
If you’re based in Cambridgeshire and you know of a local project that needs support, you are encouraged to apply for a grant from The Dosoco Foundation, which has just opened applications for its sixth round of funding. Organisations, families and individual young people are all urged to take part and applications can be as creative as possible.
Grants are available for up to £1000 for organisations and up to £300 for individuals.
The Foundation can contribute up to 50% towards project costs. The only requirements are for the project to take place in Cambridgeshire and to have the potential to enhance lives though music, particularly in the four key areas of music education, music access, music innovation and music therapy. The Foundation seeks fresh ideas and welcomes applications from those who offer new ways to make music change lives.
Previous funding rounds have seen the Dosoco Foundation provide a total of more than £18,000 to support a broad range of music-related projects. As examples, the Foundation in the past has contributed to funding:
• A community choir in an area of Cambridge that did not have such a facility
• Music therapy for children with special needs, plus support for their families
• Instruments and tuition for young players with autism, cystic fibrosis and other conditions
• Singing workshops at local prisons
• Music therapy for dementia sufferers and their families. Several choirs for people with dementia have also been set up
• Music workshops, instruments or high-tech recording equipment for youth organisations, people with learning difficulties, or people with mental health or well being issues
Dosoco is a Community Interest Company set up for social good – specifically, to benefit the community through music-related projects that have the power to unlock people’s worlds. This is its sixth round of funding, following significant success with local projects since its inception in 2013.
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th October 2018 and awards will be announced by the end of November.
For more information about Dosoco and to apply, please go to www.thedosocofoundation.org and click on grants.