A unique convention run by and for autistic people!
Date and time: Saturday 5 March 2016, approximately 10am – 5pm
Location: The Light, Friends Meeting House, 173-177 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ
Ticket price per person: £12.50 if you’re unemployed or on a low income; £20 if you can afford it; £30 for a ‘solidarity price’ ticket for those with higher incomes. We do not ask for proof, so please pick the ticket that applies most to you – we rely on honesty.
Join us for an exciting, unique and unconventional new event organised by people with autism.
AutismCon is a day-long convention with talks, workshops and performances. It’s an amazing celebration of autism: where special interests are encouraged, communication comes in all forms, and the skills and talents of people with autism are clear for everyone to see.
The full timetable will be posted here as soon as it’s confirmed, but you can expect:
– Talks about people’s personal journeys with autism
– Discussion panels about autism and sexuality, the Awareness vs Acceptance debate, and the chance to ask questions to representatives from the main political parties.
– Fun workshops, from gardening to art!
– Relaxing sessions including meditation and silent contemplation.
– Stalls run by people with autism, and other organisations, selling artwork, literature, or offering interesting opportunities.
– Music, poetry and comedy from people with autism
This event is completely autism-friendly. We will have a badge system that shows other people if you’re comfortable communicating or not; the venue is lit mostly with natural light; there is a quiet room available; and our lead volunteers have lots of experience at autism-friendly events.
This event is run by a committee of autistic adults, and is designed for other autistic adults and young adults to enjoy. There is a range of activities, so whatever your interests and level of communication, we hope there will be something you enjoy!
We don’t have any sessions specifically designed for younger children, but they are of course very welcome to come to the day.
Further details and booking at: http://www.rsvpbook.com/event.php?536228