Understanding Autism is a seminar which provides information and advice to parents and carers of children who have received a recent diagnosis of autism. There will be two seminars in November at The Chitra Sethia Autism Centre.
The seminars will help families to:
- develop an understanding of autism
- discuss experiences of getting a diagnosis
- identify how autism can affect families
- explore practical ideas for developing communication strategies
- clarify support that families may be entitled to and ways to access it
The seminars are free, and include a full resource pack of useful information, advice and support guidelines. Light refreshments will be provided, but please bring your own lunch.
There will be two different seminars at The Chitra Sethia Autism Centre:
Understanding Autism for parents of children aged under 11: 10am-3pm on 13th Nov 2014
Understanding Autism for parents of children aged 11-16: 10am-3pm on 27th Nov 2014
Places are limited so please contact Jessica Gray as soon as possible if you would like to attend by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 07442 011 437.