NAS Cambridge offers the following activities for families:
- Carers Support Group – an informal group to meet other parents and carers of children or adults on the autistic spectrum
- Courses and events
- See our resources pages for the branch library and other organisations offering information, support and activities
Latest news for families
- Cambridge Science Festival
The Cambridge Science Festival runs from 09-22 March 2020.
Bookings for all pre-book events open on Monday 10 February. When booking for events, you can state if you would like, for example, early entry for a public lecture, seating near the exit etc.
The Festival web address is: www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/
With hundreds of free events over two weeks on everything from Astronomy to Zoology, the 2020 Cambridge Science Festival welcomes adults, teenagers and families to explore science with researchers from across Cambridge. Join us for talks, hands-on activities, performances, exhibitions and films exploring the theme of ‘vision’; the Festival has something for everyone!
The festival has some events on the latest research into the autism spectrum, please see a list with links below:
• Genetics research in autism: ethical perspectives (Friday 13 March) https://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/events/genetics-research-autism-ethical-perspectives
• Autism research in Cambridge (Sat 14 & Sun 15 March) https://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/events/autism-research-cambridge
There is also the opportunity for adults and children who have an autism spectrum condition and their families to explore Cambridge science in a quieter and less-crowded space at:
• Hands-on at the Guildhall: autism-friendly hour (Sun 15 March), bookable from Monday 10 February https://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/events/hands-guildhall-autism-friendly-hourContinue reading →
- Cambridge NAS Annual General Meeting
January 8th 2020, 8.00-9.00pm
Chitra Sethia Autism Centre (Garden Room), Cambridge Road, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5EF.
You are warmly invited to our AGM Meeting. This is an open Meeting for anyone to attend.
We will report on Branch Activities for the past year and our proposed activities for the coming year.
We will vote on our nominations for Branch Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Tea, Coffee, cake and biscuits will be freely available.Continue reading →
- Free training for parents of young autistic children
How to prepare your autistic child for Christmas
Training kicks off 25th November and lasts for 2 weeks and delivered via a pop up Facebook group and email
Even if you are overwhelmed, stressed and have zero time
So you can be assured that they are getting all the support they need
And you can go back to juggling the other millions of things that you need to do
Designed for extremely busy parents
This training ran last year and had a brilliant response from families
For more details and to sign up visit this linkContinue reading →