NAS Cambridge offers the following activities for families:
- Carers Support Group – an informal group to meet other parents and carers of children or adults on the autistic spectrum
- Courses and events
- See our resources pages for the branch library and other organisations offering information, support and activities
Latest news for families
- Pinpoint DLA to PIP Information Session
Pinpoint will be hosting an information session for parents/carers of children who are currently claiming DLA (disability living allowance) and approaching age 16+ and due to transfer onto PIP.
On: Thursday 19 Sept 2019 10.30am to 12.30pm
At: Queen Mary Centre, Queens Road, Wisbech PE13 2PE
Anjela Jones, Manager from the Welfare Benefits Advice Team will be offering parents free support and assistance with claiming PIP and other connected benefits.
Find out about:
- Who can help you complete the forms
- How to become an appointee
- Who is eligible and what are the rates
- An overview of the PIP points system
- What to expect from the telephone call and face to face assessment
- What to do if your claim is turned down
There’s time for a cuppa after the session.
To book email: firstname.lastname@example.orgContinue reading →
- ABC Project Drop-in Session on Relationships, Sex and Disability
The ABC team from Dhiverse are holding a drop-in session during Sexual Health Awareness Week 2019.
Date: Wednesday 18th September 10am -1pm
At: the Community Escape room at the Grafton Centre
You can join them for a chat and light refreshments to find out what they do and how they make information around relationships and sex accessible to people with learning difficulties and autism. The theme for the drop-in is Relationships, Sex and Disability which is the topic for this year’s Sexual Health week.
For more information please contact Rosie Childs on 01223 508805 or email email@example.comContinue reading →
- Zoology Museum autism-friendly opening
Date and Time: Mon, 12 August 2019, 13:00 – 14:00 BST
University Museum Of Zoology, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EJ
We will be opening our museums at times when we are normally closed for children, who need a quieter environment.
We will be opening the Museum of Zoology for you to explore. Come & discover the wonders of animal life.
There are limited spaces to keep the museums from feeling too overwhelming & a ‘chill’ out space will be available if a time out is needed. We will turn off any sounds & will control the lighting as best we can.
The events are free to attend but booking is required. Please book places for any family members that will be attending too. Prior to the event you’ll be sent out a visual story for the museum.
We look forward to welcoming you to our museum.Continue reading →