Support for adults with autism who live in Cambridgeshire
There are two National Autistic Society Autism Support Managers, working in partnership with Cambridgeshire County Council. Their role is to:
- Provide support & information for people who have autism, including Asperger’s syndrome.
- Work with people to help with accessing things like work, leisure, vocational, volunteering opportunities. This includes signposting to other organisations.
- Use their knowledge of local services and options to help to explore availability of opportunities for you.
- Work with people and organisations, including employers to maximise the individual support you may need and support you to do the same.
- Raise awareness of autism amongst health and care professionals and generic community services to encourage better understanding and break down barriers encountered by people who have autism.
Further information about this service is available in the Adult Autism Support Manager Leaflet.