There is a range of support for adults with autism in the Cambridge area.
- The branch runs an Adult Social Club in Cambridge for people on the autistic spectrum aged 18+.
- We run a monthly drop-in for adults in Huntingdon, providing support and advice.
- The National Autistic Society and Cambridgeshire County Council fund two Autism Support Managers providing support to adults across the county.
- We run an Autism Support Network in partnership with VoiceAbility.
- Our resources pages have links to other organisations providing information, support, activities and diagnosis for adults.
Latest news for adults:
- Chris Packham’s UK Bioblitz 2018 is coming to Wicken Fen 21/22 July
For ten days Chris and his team of experts will be visiting 50 wildlife sites in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales to highlight the extent to which the nation’s wildlife is under threat.Continue reading →
The Bioblitz campaign has a scientific purpose. The results of this 2018 audit will be recorded to create a benchmark; this will help measure the rise and fall in numbers of different species in the future.
The timetable for Wicken Fen events can be downloaded here downloadable bioblitz timetable
The Cambridge Branch of the NAS will be here on Sunday 22 July from 12.30.
Webpage for Bioblitz Uk is here: https://www.chrispackham.co.uk/chris-packhams-uk-bioblitz-2018
- Cambridge NAS helpline is temporarily unavailable
The helpline is temporarily unavailable due to technical difficulties. We hope to rectify this as soon as possibleContinue reading →
In the meantime, please contact us by email with any queries using our contact form:
- Theatre workshop opportunity for 16-25 year olds
DOOM’S DAY // THE WAX HOUSE AND OUDS NATIONAL TOUR 2018
The Wax House, a company based in Cambridge and Oxford, are thrilled to be taking their new show Doom’s day to the Cambridge Junction.
Josephe and Phylisse Doom are in love. And their love will last til the end of the world. But that might not be very long – not if their own predictions come true. Because something bad, they say, is going to happen. Soon.
Where: Cambridge Junction (J2)
When: Mon 30th July, 20:00
How much: £13.50 / £10.50 (concession)
Carers and care-givers are eligible for free tickets when accompanying another audience member. Please contact the venue to secure these.
We are also offering a WORKSHOP for young theatre makers – Staging Strange Texts: A workshop for the end of the world.
This workshop is geared to anyone interested in theatre who wants to move beyond traditional kinds of script. We’ll be exploring the playfulness of unusual texts through games, ensemble work, and improv. No previous experience is needed, just a willingness to have fun and try something new.
Suitable for ages 16 – 25. Parents/Care-givers are welcome to stay in the room. If you have a disability or any access requirements, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate it.
Discounted tickets are available for those who wish to see our performance of Doom’s day after the workshop.
Where: Cambridge Junction (J2)
When: Mon 30th July, 16:00 – 19:00
How much: £9.00 / £19.00 (+ show) / £16.00 (+ show, concession)
You can follow us and find more information on our social media:
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.comContinue reading →