There is a range of support for adults with autism in the Cambridge area.
- The branch runs an Adult Social Club in Cambridge for people on the autistic spectrum aged 18+.
- We run monthly drop-ins for adults in Huntingdon and March, providing support and advice.
- The National Autistic Society and Cambridgeshire County Council fund two Autism Support Managers providing support to adults across the county.
- We run an Autism Support Network in partnership with VoiceAbility.
- Our resources pages have links to other organisations providing information, support, activities and diagnosis for adults.
Latest news for adults:
- Cambridge Science Festival
The Cambridge Science Festival runs from 09-22 March 2020.
Bookings for all pre-book events open on Monday 10 February. When booking for events, you can state if you would like, for example, early entry for a public lecture, seating near the exit etc.
The Festival web address is: www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/
With hundreds of free events over two weeks on everything from Astronomy to Zoology, the 2020 Cambridge Science Festival welcomes adults, teenagers and families to explore science with researchers from across Cambridge. Join us for talks, hands-on activities, performances, exhibitions and films exploring the theme of ‘vision’; the Festival has something for everyone!
The festival has some events on the latest research into the autism spectrum, please see a list with links below:
• Genetics research in autism: ethical perspectives (Friday 13 March) https://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/events/genetics-research-autism-ethical-perspectives
• Autism research in Cambridge (Sat 14 & Sun 15 March) https://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/events/autism-research-cambridge
There is also the opportunity for adults and children who have an autism spectrum condition and their families to explore Cambridge science in a quieter and less-crowded space at:
• Hands-on at the Guildhall: autism-friendly hour (Sun 15 March), bookable from Monday 10 February https://www.sciencefestival.cam.ac.uk/events/hands-guildhall-autism-friendly-hourContinue reading →
- NAS New Year Tea Party
Come and join us for ‘New Year’ Afternoon Tea and Cake
Friday 10th January 2020, 2-5pm at The Exchange Tea Parlour, 1 Market Place, March PE15 9JF
Please confirm if you would like to come by 18th December – let us know at the Drop Ins or email our Branch; email@example.com
This will be a free event. Let us know if you will need help to get there.
Google map for The Exchange Tea Parlour: https://goo.gl/maps/YnwCBiG8LQBPMZL26
Terri Alan AnnaContinue reading →
- Cambridge NAS Annual General Meeting
January 8th 2020, 8.00-9.00pm
Chitra Sethia Autism Centre (Garden Room), Cambridge Road, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5EF.
You are warmly invited to our AGM Meeting. This is an open Meeting for anyone to attend.
We will report on Branch Activities for the past year and our proposed activities for the coming year.
We will vote on our nominations for Branch Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Tea, Coffee, cake and biscuits will be freely available.Continue reading →