There is a range of support for adults with autism in the Cambridge area.
- The branch runs an Adult Social Club in Cambridge for people on the autistic spectrum aged 18+.
- We run monthly drop-ins for adults in Huntingdon and March, providing support and advice.
- The National Autistic Society and Cambridgeshire County Council fund two Autism Support Managers providing support to adults across the county.
- We run an Autism Support Network in partnership with VoiceAbility.
- Our resources pages have links to other organisations providing information, support, activities and diagnosis for adults.
Latest news for adults:
- Cambridge NAS Annual General Meeting
January 8th 2020, 8.00-9.00pm
Chitra Sethia Autism Centre (Garden Room), Cambridge Road, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5EF.
You are warmly invited to our AGM Meeting. This is an open Meeting for anyone to attend.
We will report on Branch Activities for the past year and our proposed activities for the coming year.
We will vote on our nominations for Branch Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Tea, Coffee, cake and biscuits will be freely available.Continue reading →
- ABC Project Drop-in Session on Relationships, Sex and Disability
The ABC team from Dhiverse are holding a drop-in session during Sexual Health Awareness Week 2019.
Date: Wednesday 18th September 10am -1pm
At: the Community Escape room at the Grafton Centre
You can join them for a chat and light refreshments to find out what they do and how they make information around relationships and sex accessible to people with learning difficulties and autism. The theme for the drop-in is Relationships, Sex and Disability which is the topic for this year’s Sexual Health week.
For more information please contact Rosie Childs on 01223 508805 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgContinue reading →
- Cambridge NAS Garden(ing) Party for families and adults
2-4pm, Saturday 31 August
The Cambridge NAS invites you to a garden-themed afternoon of activities (for children and adults) at the Chitra-Sethia Autism Centre.
Drinks and snacks will be available.
Indoor Activities to include
- Brio train-track + trains
- Dressing up
- Board games
Outdoor Activities to include
- Funky grass-heads to make and take home
- Pot up a mini patio container with bedding plants to take home
- Paints and glue to make collages etc
- Garden bowls
Tea and coffee, biscuits, cakes, and fruit
Parking is available.Continue reading →
Bus timetable here